Dubai is a city known for its thriving business environment. It is no surprise that many foreign investors are attracted to the city's numerous opportunities for growth and success. If you are considering investing in Dubai, you may be interested in obtaining a Dubai investor visa, allowing you to live and work in the city for an extended period.
So, what exactly is a Dubai investor visa, and how can you obtain one?
Dubai's investor visa is a type of residence visa that allows foreign investors to live and work in the city for an extended period of time. It is designed to attract foreign investment to Dubai and encourage business development. It is available to individuals interested in investing in the city and contributing to its thriving business environment.
In this blog, we will explore the investor visa, the rules and requirements for obtaining one, and an FAQ section at the end to address common questions about the process.
If you are considering investing in Dubai, you may wonder about the different investor visa types available. Dubai offers several types of investor visas to foreign nationals, who want to live and work in the city, each with specific requirements and benefits. Here is a brief overview of the different types of Dubai investor visas:
1. Company Investor Visa
This is a long-term visa that allows the holder to live and work in Dubai for an extended period of time. It can be renewed regularly as long as the investor continues to meet the requirements for the visa. This type of visa is also called the Dubai entrepreneur visa, Dubai startup visa, and Dubai partner visa.
Company investor visa requirements vary according to the type of company, including a minimum amount of investment of at least AED 72 thousand and specific documents to be applied, such as a Police clearance certificate from your country and a medical certificate from a licensed clinic in Dubai.
2. Dubai Property Investor Visa
This type of investor visa is specifically designed for individuals, who want to invest in a property in Dubai and live in the city for an extended period of time. To qualify for a Dubai property investment visa, you must meet specific requirements and make a minimum investment in a property in Dubai.
For a 3-year visa, you need to own a property AED 1 million or more, while for a 5-year visa, you need a property worth at least AED 5 million. Whether you are looking to invest in a Dubai property for personal use or as a business opportunity, a Dubai property investment visa can help you achieve your goals. You can always use the help of a well-known real estate company in Dubai to acquire a property investor visa and find the right property for you.
3. Dubai Long-Term Residence Visa
Recently introduced, this visa entitles investors who meet specific criteria to stay for 5 or 10 years, depending on the size of their investment in the country. Spouses, children, managers and advisors of investors are also eligible.
A 10-year residency visa is available for an investor of at least AED 10 million to deposit in a domestic investment fund, to set up a company in the UAE, or to partner with an existing company with the same amount.
A five-year visa is available for investors willing to invest in Dubai’s real estate with total assets of AED 5 million or more or entrepreneurs with existing projects with a minimum capital of AED 500,000.
Long-term investor visas in Dubai will only be issued to people who meet additional criteria set by Dubai's Directorate General of Residence and Foreign Affairs. For example, the scheme grants extended stays to selected individuals with unique talents, such as scientists and innovators in medicine, science, research, and technology.
4. The Dubai Retirement Visa
This 5-year Dubai retirement visa category is specifically designed for investors over the age of 55 looking to retire under the beautiful Dubai sunshine. This five-year investor visa in Dubai is valid for anyone who has invested in assets worth AED 2 million, has AED 1 million in savings, or at least has an active monthly income of AED 20,000.
Dubai investor visa benefits are numerous, whether you are looking to invest in the city for personal or business purposes. Some advantages of a Dubai investor visa include:
● The benefits of living in Dubai as you can live and work in the city for an extended period of time. These benefits allow you to fully immerse yourself in the local business environment, make the most of your investment, have fun and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere.
● Access to Dubai's thriving business environment, as it is known for its strong economy and numerous growth opportunities. With a Dubai investor visa, you will have access to this thriving business environment and the many resources and support systems available to businesses in the city.
● The chance to take advantage of Dubai's many amenities and attractions. Dubai is a city that is rich in culture and offers a wide range of amenities, luxury properties, and attractions for residents.
● The opportunity to live in a safe and welcoming city. Dubai is a city that is known for its low crime rate and friendly, welcoming atmosphere. With a Dubai investor visa, you can experience safe and secure living in the city.
● A Dubai investor visa allows you to sponsor family members such as your spouse, children and parents, making them UAE residents immediately.
● Visa validity outside the country as you can stay outside the UAE for one year without your visa nullified.
● You can easily travel to the GCC countries for business or pleasure with your Dubai investor visa rather than an employment visa.
Overall, a Dubai investor visa is an excellent opportunity for foreign investors looking to make a long-term commitment to the city and take advantage of its many opportunities for evolution and success. So, if you are interested in investing in Dubai and want to live and work in the city for an extended period of time, a Dubai investor visa may be the right choice for you.
● Can I apply for an investor visa if I don't have a company or project in Dubai?
No, you must have a registered company or project in Dubai in order to apply for an investor visa. The investment you make must be in this company or project.
● Can I bring my family with me on an investor visa?
Yes, you can bring your spouse and children with you on an investor visa. They will be issued residence visas as dependents of the investor visa holder.
● Can I work for any company in Dubai on an investor visa?
No, you can only work for the company or project you have invested in. You are not allowed to work for any other company or engage in any other employment while on an investor visa.
● Why invest in Dubai?
Dubai is known to be one of the wealthiest cities in the world and is also known for its breathtaking views, mesmerizing waterside locations, and unmatched luxury aesthetics. According to recent statistics, Dubai’s growth rate is predicted at 3% in 2024.
● Can I renew my investor visa?
Yes, you can renew your investor visa every three years as long as you are still actively invested in the company or project and meet the other requirements for the visa.
● What is the difference between Dubai’s partner visa and an investor visa?
Your visa will read as an investor visa when you own your company, while it will read as a partner visa when you are a partner in a company with multiple shareholders.
● Can I get a Dubai visa by buying a property?
Yes, you can apply for a Dubai investor visa by buying a property worth at least AED 1 million.